A relatively new way to fix cracks in woodwind bodies is carbon fiber banding.
The first step is to cut a channel for the fiber to lay in. I did this on the lathe.
Then we lay some epoxy in the cut and wrap the carbon fibers around, making sure we get them covered in lots of epoxy.
I cut off the excess fiber and let the joint sit overnight. Once it is nice and hard, I sand the excess glue and fiber down until it is even with the body. A little bit of light sanding with micro-mesh afterwards and the band is hardly noticeable. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the finished product as a metal ring went over the banding so you wouldn’t be able to see it anyway.